United States Coast Guard Academy Admission Form 2022 | United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) is one of the Federal Military Academy located in 31 Mohegan Avenue, New London, United States, How to apply for admission in USCGA, Cost of selling admission form, School fee payment, Check available department and as well as requirement and eligibility. Read through.
U.S. Coast Guard Academy is to develop officer-ready leaders of character who embody Coast Guard values, who influence and inspire others, and who decide what is right and demonstrate the courage to act accordingly.
Developing leaders and professionally ready officers is an integrated four-year process. The many components include: Curriculum, summer experiences, internships, simulation, career exploration weeks, speakers, and more.
Academic Departments of the Coast Guard Academy:
Academic resources are organized as five departments under the supervision of the Dean of Academics. The sixth Department, Health and Physical Education, is led by the Director of Athletics and delivers some general education courses.
- Civil Engineering
- Cyber Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Department of Humanities:
- English and World Languages
- Government, History, and Ethics
- The Department of Management provides a high-quality business education. Functioning much like a business school at traditional colleges, the Department of Management is an accredited member of AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
he Department of Mathematics supports the Academy’s Shared Learning Outcomes, the Operations Research and Computer Analysis (ORCA) major, and the broad technical core curriculum. The Operations Research and Computer Analysis major provides graduates a background in mathematics, probability, statistics, deterministic and non-deterministic modeling and computer programming and analysis. The primary focus is to enable cadets to conceptualize and describe reality using the tools of mathematics and statistics, analyze possible models and solutions, use appropriate computer technology, apply these skills to specific Coast Guard problems, and effectively communicate solutions. The study of Operations Research and Computer Analysis highlights for cadets the means by which mathematics and computers can be used to analyze complex problems and improve decision making.
- Marine Sciences
Health and Physical Education (HPE) Department:
The United States Coast Guard Academy is dedicated to each cadets’ physical health and wellness. A daily sports period, physical education classes, and required co-curricular physical activity are considered key in the overall development of outstanding leaders.
The Coast Guard Academy is ranked among the nation’s elite undergraduate colleges. This is reflected in our highly selective admission process, which annually admits about 300 cadets from thousands of applicants.
You are eligible to apply for the Coast Guard Academy if you are:
- A U.S. citizen of sound moral character
- Unmarried with no dependents or financial debt
- 17-22 years of age on last Monday in June
- A high school graduate or GED recipient (or will be prior to entry)
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may want to consider applying to be an International Cadet.
Forms are available online as you complete the online application.
- High school transcript(s)
- Math instructor letter of recommendation
- English instructor letter of recommendation
- Guidance counselor letter of recommendation
- Physical Fitness Examination (PFE)
How To Apply:
Applicants who meet the Eligibility can begin the online application: Apply Here