UNU PhD Scholarship 2022 | United Nations University (UNU) Sustainability Science scholarship 2022 portal are now open, The PhD programme in Sustainability Science is a three-year programme that aims to produce scholars who will become key researchers in the field of sustainability science. Apply here.
The programme takes an innovative approach to sustainability, seeking to promote a better understanding of the issues by incorporating global change perspectives, specifically those related to climate change and biodiversity.
The programme will equip graduates with comprehensive, multidisciplinary knowledge of sustainability problems, and deepen their understanding of the role of environmental sustainability in addressing current issues related to global change. The programme provides students with unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policymakers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops. Students undertake problem-oriented research by playing an active role in UNU-IAS research projects, and acquire the quantitative and qualitative analytical skills necessary to understand the underlying principles of various systems involved in sustainability issues and debates. Through coursework and research, PhD students gain critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the technical literacy required to address sustainability problems.
You May like to apply the following Scholarship:
- Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship 2022
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2022
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship 2022
- LogicMonitor Women In STEM Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
- The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
The amount of monthly allowance is 120,000 JPY for the academic year 2020.
For the Program
Applicants for the PhD in Sustainability Science are required to have met ALL of the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
- A completed Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognised university or institution of higher education and demonstrated ability to link course work and activities to principles of sustainability;
- A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which was acquired after obtaining a university degree (full time equivalent);
- Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in a discipline related to sustainability studies (those who expect to receive a second Master’s degree before the entrance period of September 2022 may also apply);
- A GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 70% on a 100 % scale) for at least one of the Master’s degrees earned; and
- English language proficiency.
For the Scholarship
- Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second PhD degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Review the checklist here and prepare the application materials.
- Register Online
- Receive an email from UNU-IAS Admissions Office with a link to the Application Form.
- Submit the Application Form by the deadline
- Receive an automatic email to confirm that the Admissions Office has received the Application Form.
Applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview:
- Receive an email regarding when and how to submit supporting documents.
- Submit the supporting documents via email by the deadline (Expected in late-April 2022)
Contact: UNU PhD in Sustainability Science