UNRISD Recruitment for Senior Gender Justice and Development Consultant
UNRISD Recruitment 2020/ Apply Here The authority of The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) embarks on recruiting both male and female experienced personnel to boost the Gender Justice and Development, the vacancies requirement, nature of recruitment, procedure on the online application. Read through.
Applicant should note that the Senior Gender Justice and Development Consultant will join a small team committed to producing high-quality research that contributes to the realization of equity and social justice in development policy and practice.
Under the general supervision of the Director of UNRISD, the Senior Gender Justice and Development Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conceptualize, develop and manage the Institute’s research programme in the area of Gender Justice and Development, ensuring its integration within the UNRISD Institutional Strategy and research agenda.
- Within this programme, create a portfolio of research and activities in three priority areas: (i) feminist perspectives on climate change; (ii) gender, technologies and digital economies; and (iii) anti-genderism and global governance.
- In all research and other activities, seek to progress and promote an intersectional approach that could have wider benefits across the UN system.
- Identify research partners, organize meetings and conferences; supervise staff and consultants involved in research and activities; and ensure the quality of outputs produced.
- Produce high-quality publications, including articles in peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes, policy briefs, and other outputs for a range of audiences.
- Take the lead in mobilizing resources for the research programme, and contribute to the fundraising activities of the Institute.
- Contribute to Institute-wide flagship publications, research programmes and special activities.
- Build and maintain regular contacts within the United Nations system, governments, multilateral donors and the international research community.
- Act as the focal point for UNRISD in its engagement with the UN system on gender-related issues.
- Provide policy advice and technical assistance, based on UNRISD research, to United Nations departments and agencies, national and local policy makers, civil society organizations, academic or other institutions.
- Represent UNRISD in international meetings and academic conferences.
- Periodically report on progress to the Director, the UNRISD Board and donors.
- Carry out other activities as agreed within the Institute or assigned by the Director.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s Degree in the social sciences, with a focus on gender and development. A PhD is strongly desirable.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in development research at an academic or research institution.
- A publication record in the field of gender equality, human rights and social development, and expertise in at least one of the priority areas for programme development (indicated under functions, above);
- Research experience in countries in the global South.
- Experience in fundraising for social development research projects, project management, and team supervision (including on-location and remote members).
- Fluent English with proven writing and editing skills; ability to work in other UN languages highly desirable.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence as a researcher in the field of gender justice, human rights and social development.
- Communication: Excellent oral communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with different target audiences regarding substantive issues.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational and project goals. Builds consensus for project objectives with colleagues.
- Leadership: Takes intellectual leadership in substantive areas of work and demonstrates good management skills.
- Judgement/Decision-Making: Identifies critical issues for research relevant to the work of the UN; develops appropriate research methods and analyses data, drawing policy recommendations aligned with the norms and objectives of the United Nations.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to submit relevant publications and carry out a written assignment before being notified if they have been selected for interview.
Click here to apply
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!