U.S Merchant Marine Academy Admission Form 2022 | United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) is one of the Federal Military Academy located in Kings Point, New York, United States, How to apply for admission in U.S Merchant Marine Academy, Cost of selling admission form, School fee payment, check available department and as well as requirement and eligibility. Read through.
U.S Merchant Marine Academy is a a federal service academy that educates leaders of exemplary character who are inspired to serve the national security, marine transportation, and economic needs of the United States as licensed Merchant Marine Officers and commissioned officers in the Armed Forces.
Top Military Academy In United State Of America (USA)
Sea Year Training
Every USMMA graduate completes over 300 days at sea, working aboard Commercial, Passenger, or Military vessels actively engaged in global operations.
U.S Merchant Marine Academy Admission Form
Midshipmen select their major course of study from among five programs:
The United States Merchant Marine Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender and/or gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or veteran or military status in its programs and activities.
Steps To Admission:
To be eligible to enter the Academy, you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age and must not have passed your 25th birthday before July 1 in the year of entrance.
- Be a citizen of the United States either by birth or naturalization, except for a limited number of international midshipmen specially authorized by Congress.
- Meet the physical, security, suitability and character requirements necessary for commission in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Obtain a Congressional nomination to the Academy; submit a completed application; and qualify scholastically.
- Be of good moral character.
2. Get Started:
- Go to https://onlineapp.usmma.edu/Account/Login.aspx to register for an account and start your application.
- You will need the following information to get started:
- Social Security Number
- SAT or ACT scores (leave blank if not available)
- High School Class Rank
- Congressional State and District
3. Apply for a Nomination:
- Candidates must be nominated to the Academy by a U.S. Representative or U.S. Senator from your State of Residence/Domicile.
- A candidate does not have to reside in the same Congressional District as his/her nominator (a Member of the U.S. House of Representative CAN nominate a candidate who resides in a District other than their own, as long as it is in their (the nominator’s) State/Territory). This differs from nominations to the USMA, USNA, and USAFA.
- Securing a nomination is a competitive process. A nomination does not guarantee appointment to the Academy.
- Nominating authorities select their nominees by any methods they wish, including a screening interview. Each nominating authority follows a different process and establishes a unique deadline. You must be familiar with your nominating authorities’ requirement and apply for a nomination as early as possible. Contact information for your nominating authorities can be found at https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact and https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
- Nominations to the Academy must be received by January 31st. Your nominating authorities will notify us of your nomination. If we do not receive your nomination by January 31st, your application will be closed.
- The United States Merchant Marine Academy does not accept Vice Presidential or military service-connected nominations, i.e. Presidential, Regular/Reserve Component, ROTC.
4. College Entrance Exams:
- All candidates are required to take either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), or American College Test (ACT).
- The Academy will accept official test results up to the February test date of the year for which candidates seek appointment. The Academy will accept all test scores attained within three years of the admissions application deadline. The Academy does not accept the non-standard or untimed administration of the SAT or ACT.
- SAT scores should be forwarded using the Academy’s College Board Code: 2923.
- ACT scores should be forwarded using the Academy’s ACT Code: 2974.
- Speak with your school counselor or visit the SAT and ACT websites for additional information.
- You are encouraged to take both the SAT and ACT tests several times to try to improve your scores. Your highest scores will be accepted.
- You must request an official transcript from your school. Official transcripts can be mailed to:
- Complete your Activities Record. The United States Merchant Marine Academy looks for well- rounded candidates that demonstrate exemplary character. Your extracurricular activity is an important part of your assessment. Be prepared to provide detailed information on the following:
- Athletic Activities: Approximately 84 percent of entering midshipmen have earned a varsity letter and 66 percent are team captains.
- Non-Athletic Activities: Examples include but are not limited to:
- Student Government
- National Honors Society
- Scouting (Eagle/Gold Award)
- Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- Civil Air Patrol
- Community Service
- Work Experience
- Submit the Academic Information Request. The information requested includes official transcripts and a school profile.
- Request School Official Evaluations. Evaluations are required from the following instructors:
- Lab science (either chemistry or physics)
- Submit your Biographical Essay. Your essay must be at least 500 words. Include your name and candidate ID at the top of the page