Travelers insurance (Cat 70)| Cat 70 Travel is one of the Travelers insurance Plan that is designed for travelers seeking high medical coverage with additional cancellation options. This plan includes comprehensive coverage for Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Medical Expenses etc. Read more learn
Cat 70 is a travel insurance company backed by Squaremouth, a travel insurance comparison provider. It offers one plan, which can be used for domestic or international trips. Cat 70’s travel plan covers all types of problems you might encounter, such as canceled flights, lost luggage, injuries and illness.
Cat 70 offers travelers with 24/7 emergency assistance as well as customer service Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm.
Travelers whose trips are protected by Cat 70’s Travel Plan have $500,000 of Primary Emergency Medical coverage, as well as $500,000 of Medical Evacuation coverage.
Policy holders also have Trip Cancellation coverage for illnesses, injuries or other accidents, hurricane and weather, and terrorism. Additional benefits include Baggage and Persnonal Item Loss, Travel Delay, and Missed Connection.
Cat 70 Travel Insurance cover the following:
- Superior medical coverage of $500,000.
- “Cancel for any reason” upgrade available.
- Good hurricane and weather coverage.
- Travel delay and baggage loss coverage are both on the low side at $500 per person.
- Baggage delay coverage requires a 24-hour delay and has a low $200 per person limit.
- No rental car coverage available.
- Cat 70’s travel plan includes coverage for Covid-related trip cancellation and medical expenses.
Cost Examples of Cat 70’s Travel Insurance Plan
|ravelers and trip||Cost|
|Two travelers age 30, $5,000 trip cost, traveling to Turks and Caicos||$184|
|Two travelers age 40, $5,000 trip cost, traveling to Mexico||$274|
|Two travelers age 65, $7,000 trip cost, traveling to Greece||$478|
|Two travelers age 70, $5,000 trip cost, traveling to the U.K.||$542|
Cat 70’s Travel Insurance The assistance team can help with:
- Emergency messaging
- Emergency cash transfers for medical expenses
- Language translations
- Pre-trip assistance
- Legal assistance
- Medical referrals and monitoring
- Arranging for medical evacuations or repatriations
Cat 70’s Travel Insurance do not cover the following:
- Injuries as a result of being intoxicated above the legal limit or under the influence of drugs or narcotics (unless prescribed by a physician and taken in accordance with your physician’s recommendation)
- Mental or emotional disorders
- Non-emergency treatments or surgeries
- Routine physical examinations
- Hearing aids, eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Participating in activities such as contact sports, skydiving, mountaineering, scuba diving, spelunking, car and motorcycle racing, hang gliding, and bungee jumping
- Cosmetic surgery, except as the result of an accident
- Traveling with the purpose of getting medical treatment
- Suicide or attempted suicide
How To File a Claim with Cat 70
If you need to report a claim, you can download claims forms to get the process started. You can contact Cat 70 directly Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST at 866-477-6741, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you need to Know: