The Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 are now open, This scheme is for scientists in the UK who are at an early stage of their career and wish to conduct research in Japan. Read Through.
The scheme, which is funded by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), provides the opportunity for highly qualified early career researchers to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups in universities and other Japanese institutions. The Royal Society is provided with a quota for this scheme by JSPS.
The scheme provides funding for between 12 months and two years, covering:
- a round-trip air ticket
- a monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 yen (approximately £2,500)
- a settling-in allowance of 200,000 yen (approximately £1,400)
- overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage
- a research grant, “Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research” (Tokubetsu Kenkyuin Shorei-hi) is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the Japanese host researcher through their institution
- UNU PhD Scholarship 2022 (Study Sustainability Science In Tokyo)
- Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship 2022
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2022
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship 2022
- LogicMonitor Women In STEM Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
You can apply for this scheme if you:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have not received your PhD more than six year prior to application
- are a UK resident and citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- have a research proposal agreed with a Japanese host scientist
Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics. For a full list, please see the breakdown of subject groups and areas supported by the Royal Society.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants and awards management system Flexi-Grant
- Applications are initially reviewed by panel members with the most appropriate scientific expertise. Following this a shortlist is drawn up which is sent to JSPS for a final decision
Please note that this scheme is offered by JSPS and is subject to their terms and conditions. Applicants should read through all the information offered on the JSPS website before applying to ensure they fully understand the terms of the award.
Application Deadline: March 9, 2022 at 3pm UK time.
Or Visit JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship