The South Africa Police Service Recruitment 2022 portal are now open. Opportunities for interested person who may like to join South Africa Police Service SAPS 2022, The SAPS offers careers in various fields. If you join the SAPS you can either become a police official or a civilian employee. Read the instruction below on how to apply.
SAPS officials are committed to the creation of a safe and secure environment for all people in South Africa by participating in endeavours to address the root causes of crime in the community, preventing action which may threaten the safety or security of any community, and investigating criminal conduct which has endangered the safety or security of the community and bringing the perpetrators thereof to justice.
Police officials are employed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995). Civilian employees are employed in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 of 1994). Most functional Police Officials are directly involved in preventing, combating or investigating crime. The other Police officials and civilian personnel carry out support functions.
- Senior Management
- Police Act
- Public Service Act
Applicants who apply for the position of Public Service Act can select any of the following locations:
Mpumalanga, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Head Office, Free State, Gauteng, Northern Cape, Kwazulu-Natal, North West, Limpopo.
How to Apply:
- Read National Instruction 11 of 2017: Appointment to posts in the Senior Management Service
and ensure compliance with all provisions of the National Instruction in your application.
- Application forms may be delivered by hand to the Subsection: SMS Appointment
Administration, Wachthuis Building, Thibault Arcade, 225 Pretorius Street, PRETORIA, 2
floor, room T208 (between 07:30 and 16:00), or may be posted to:
The South African Police Service
Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration
Private Bag X 986
Enquiries can be directed to ANY of the personnel at SMS Appointment Administration: Head Office
including Colonel Naicker, Lieutenant Colonel Horst, Lieutenant Colonel van Rensburg, Captain Mashile or
Captain Mbokane at telephone numbers: 012 393-2661 / 4463 / 1112 / 2773 / 1078 / 2436 / 4320 / 2484 /
- Only the official application form for Senior Management Service (SMS) posts in the South
African Police Service, which can be obtained from the SAPS website: www.saps.gov.za,
will be accepted.
- All instructions on this application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection
of the application
- This form must be properly completed and be signed and dated by the applicant. Applicants
must endorse their initials and surname at the bottom of every page in the space provided.
- This application form must be completed in black ink and block letters (handwritten or typed)
- The post particulars and number of the post must be correctly specified on the application
- A separate original application form and CV must be submitted for each post you apply for.
Copies will not be accepted.
- The CV must contain full particulars of:
· all boards on which an applicant serves;
· current employment and other business interests; and
· career promotions, appointments, career developments, career history, current studies and
- An applicant must also attach to every application copies of the following (which need not be
· ID document;
· valid motor vehicle driver’s license;
· Degree/Diploma certificates of all educational qualifications obtained (academic records and/or
statement of results only do not suffice); and
· service certificates of previous employers stating the post occupied.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be considered. It is the
responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application has been received at the Subsection:
SMS Appointment Administration, Head Office on or before the closing date and time of the
advertisement (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be reached at
the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement).
- Applications which do not meet the above-mentioned requirements may be rejected.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only.
For more information: Visit SAPS
Application Deadline: 4th February 2022