The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) registration portal is now accepting application for 2022, How to apply for SINGA 2022, SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU). Read through.
- The List Of National And International Grant 2021/Apply Here
- List Of Scholarship (Secondary, Undergraduate, Post-Graduate, Master) Programme 2021
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results;
- Good skills in written and spoken English;
- Good reports from academic referees.
- Browse PhD Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required: Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying. Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports: ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Please read the important information below.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
How To Apply:
Interested Candidates Pursue your PhD education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights.
Submission deadline for August 2022 intake: December 1, 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
For More Information Contact: SINGA