Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) at Singapore International Foundation 2022 grant portal are now open, The Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Global inspires, equips and enables youth of different nationalities to start or scale up their social enterprises in Singapore and beyond. How to apply
Be inspired by leading social innovation trends and market insights from the region. Shortlisted teams will stand a chance to scale up their social enterprises with up to S$20,000 in funding.
Since 2010, YSE Global has nurtured a network of youth with innovative business ideas focused on social good. Together with established social entrepreneurs, business consultants and investors, we harness the power of ideas, know-how and resources to effect positive change for a better world.
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program 2022/2023
- CRI: Cancer Research Institute (Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship) 2022
- Hebrew University Fellowship 2022 (Hebrew University In Jerusalem)
- Dutch OKP Scholarships For MSc In Water And Sustainable Development (Study In Netherlands)
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022 (Study Masters In UK)
- The Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 (Scientists In The UK)
Looking to scale up your social enterprise? If you are aged between 18 to 35 and have a viable and innovative business solution to a social issue, submit your application now! Gain access to an international ecosystem of investors, industry experts, experienced mentors, and a growing network of over 1,300 young changemakers from 42 nationalities. Be inspired by leading social innovation trends and market insights from the region
How It Works:
- Network: Join an international ecosystem of young changemakers, including like-minded individuals, corporates, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Mentorship: Gain access to insights from industry experts and professionals.
- Monthly capacity building sessions: Broaden perspectives on social entrepreneurship through capacity building opportunities to connect, network and learn from key players in the social enterprise landscape.
- Grants: Develop your social enterprise with up to S$20,000 in grants
- If you are between the ages of 18 to 35 years old, you are eligible to apply.
- The YSE Global is open to participants of all nationalities, however, due to overwhelming responses received yearly and the limited intake per cohort, applications from the following countries will be prioritised: • Cambodia • China • India • Indonesia • Laos • Malaysia • Myanmar • Singapore • Vietnam.
- They are looking for young changemakers with great ideas that harness enterprise solutions for social issues. You do not need to have an incorporated/registered social enterprise before applying. If you have a viable idea or are in the early stages of building your enterprise, they want to hear from you!
- Individuals can apply but they highly encourage you to form a team. Having more than one member for your social enterprise allows you to maximise the benefits of teamwork and support as the work grows.
- They welcome social enterprises addressing social issues of any sector or industry to apply. However, the programme will strongly consider social enterprises with an environmental focus and/or digital-related solutions.
- It is not necessary for your operations to be carried out in Singapore.
- Teams can submit more than one idea. However, in the interest of fairness to other participating individuals/teams, only one of your ideas may be selected.
- Applications are accepted in English.
How To Apply
Your application is assessed based on:
- Social Impact: The benefits that the community receives, and potential impact to the community/issue
- Innovativeness: Creative and enterprising ideas, as well as unique aspects of the business models
- Feasibility and Sustainability of Business Idea: Viability of business idea
- Commitment: Capacity and dedication towards being a changemaker
NOTE: Programme Timeline
- Workshop – Jun 2022 (online workshop + pitch to be further shortlisted)
- 6-Month Mentorship – Jul – Oct 2022
- Capacity Building Session – Jul – Oct 2022
- Pitching – Nov 2022 (for up to S$20,000)
Application Deadline: 24 April 2022, 23:59hrs (Singapore time)
For More Detail Contact: YSE Global.