SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2022 | The Government of United Nations has open portal for SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellow, 2022, How to apply for SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellow in UN. All what you need to know about UN, SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship is in this page, read through.
About SDSN Youth:
The Local Pathways Fellowship (LPF) program was launched by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) with the mission to empower and equip young urban leaders from cities across the world with the knowledge, resources, and platform they need to advance progress on Sustainable Development Goal.
- Guide and inform their work around their existing and future projects, and help them develop insights about local sustainable development challenges;
- Provide them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitate mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions;
- Support them in becoming local advocates that promote and advocate for dialogue and problem solving for sustainable development.
The fellows will take on a 10-month journey throughout which they will explore pathways for “localizing” the globally adopted goals and targets, exchange knowledge and ideas, and work to engage local stakeholders in a dialogue around pathways towards a better future for their fellow citizens.
- FCMB Flexxtern Internship Programme 2021/ How To Apply
- UM Entrepreneurship Camp 2021 Worldwide/How To Apply
- Design School Lagos 2021 ( Graphics & Product Design Training )
- Orange Corners Nigeria Application Form 2021
The LPF is a 10-month program that takes fellows on a journey of charting pathways for ‘localizing’ SDG 11. The program of activities has monthly deliverables that revolve around:
- Learning about the major challenges currently faced by urban areas around the world and the extraordinary potential of these areas to enable change in the future. From infrastructure to culture to economic opportunity, learn how harnessing the power of urban development for global progress is imperative.
- Channeling the ideas and knowledge they acquire into the development of a project that addresses challenges pertinent to their city and area of interest; this will be the main outcome and deliverable of the fellowship.
- Connecting with the peer-to-peer network of 253 fellows from 170 different cities across 78 countries. This grants fellows the opportunity to exchange knowledge, share resources, and build solutions with urban leaders from across the world
- Gaining insight and mentorship from experts from the industry through the LPF webinar series.
- The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to SDSN’s vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
- Being part of SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments, companies, and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development and enables you to make an impact.
- Being part of a movement of young people, who are committed to sustainable development and are being equipped with the necessary skills and tools to overcome key challenges and meaningfully contribute to the achievement of SDGs in communities.
- SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations.
- By joining the Local Pathways Fellowship, you will be part of a diverse and exceptional group of fellows with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
- Supported by SDSN’s global team of experts, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible, fulfilling, and meaningful environment.
- You may be selected to attend and/or speak at events
- Your experiences will become central to the program’s efforts and legacy.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application (exceptions may apply);
- Candidates must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship (February through November 2022);
- Candidates must be fluent in English and the local language of the cities they represent;
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to and a solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development;
- Candidates must be able to commit the minimum of 5-7 hours each week on average;
- Candidates must have a stable internet connection;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement and advocacy, or similar;
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
How To Apply
The 2022 Local Pathways Fellowship applications will be accepted until November 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). The selected fellows will be notified by January 24, 2021, and the Fellowship begins on February 1, 2021.
Deadline: November 21, 2021