Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship portal 2021is open, How to apply for Mpower Global Scholarship, The nature of application, The eligibility and requirement, carefully read through the full content of this page for proper guide for Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship.
Higher education is key to this mobility but, unfortunately, millions of students struggle to get into or through school due to financial constraints.
We’re tackling this pervasive issue by working with investors and universities to provide an innovative and forward-looking education financing product for students from around the world.
Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship awarded annually to international and DACA students enrolled at Universities MPOWER supports.
- Grand Prize: $5,000
- Honorable Mentions (2): $1,000
- Students must enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable.
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant is either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant is either a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
- We have created this scholarship specifically for international and DACA students. Therefore, U.S. citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wishing to study in Canada are not eligible for this scholarship.
- You do not need to be an MPOWER borrower or applicant to apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship as long as you meet the eligibility criteria set forth above.
Must i have my visa approved by the time i apply ?
Before you apply for Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship you must have your visa stamped in your passport by the closing date of the competition.
How will the winners be selected?
Winners will be selected based solely on their essay submission. MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, a compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
Note: winners will be notify within 8 weeks of the deadline
- Application for Dare Scholarship Award 2021
- Lagos State Scholarship /Bursary 2021
- Green SKills Innovation Challenge 2021
- Nasarawa State scholarship 2021
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship
When and How the Recipients receive the scholarship fund
Following MPOWER’s selection of winners, MPOWER will verify their eligibility. Following such verification, all winners will be sent a Release. Following MPOWER’s receipt of a winner’s executed Release, MPOWER will disburse the funds directly to the winner’s college/university, subject to the requirements of any applicable U.S. or Canadian laws. In the event that a winner cannot be verified, or fails or refuses to execute the Release, such person becomes ineligible for the scholarship and MPOWER will select a replacement winner.
How to apply
All eligible students must complete, regardless if you are a current MPOWER borrower or not, the application form to enter the scholarship Click Here to Apply
The application deadline for this cycle is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 20, 2021