The Future Rising Fellowship Program 2022 portal is open, Interested person anywhere in the world can apply, The Program is a year-long virtual fellowship for individuals aged 17-24 to tell stories at the intersection of climate change, environmental justice and gender equity.
Being a Future Rising fellow has been a fantastic experience. I’ve gained a deeper understanding about girls’ education as a climate solution and learned new ways to scale up my activism through storytelling.”
The year-long, virtual Fellowship program provides financial assistance and professional development for a cohort of 10 young leaders between 17-24 who are working on storytelling projects at the intersection of gender equity and climate change or environmental justice. During their tenure, Fellows complete a narrative project that highlights their work, or that tells the story of girls or women who are innovating and working to address the impacts of climate change and environmental injustice.
- YSE Global: Singapore International Foundation Grant (Up To S$20,000) How To Apply
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program 2022/2023
- CRI: Cancer Research Institute (Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship) 2022
- Hebrew University Fellowship 2022 (Hebrew University In Jerusalem)
- Dutch OKP Scholarships For MSc In Water And Sustainable Development (Study In Netherlands)
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022 (Study Masters In UK)
- The Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 (Scientists In The UK)
This year, the Fellowship will focus around two specific areas – FOOD AND WATER SECURITY or LOCAL CLIMATE SOLUTIONS. This means that applicants should propose narrative/storytelling projects focused on one or other of these two areas
- Each fellow will receive a stipend of $5,000 and can apply for a small additional grant for direct project expenses and materials.
- You are from anywhere in the world.
- You are between the ages of 17 – 24.
- You are committed, creative, collaborative and motivated.
- You are a storyteller who is passionate about gender equity and climate justice OR you are a climate activist/conservationist/educator/community organizer with a story to tell about girls’ education, gender equity and climate justice.
- You are working on a project that harnesses the power of educated girls and women to build climate resilience in a community OR you are telling a story about empowered girls and women leading efforts to build sustainability and resilience where they live.
- You are able to commit to the Fellowship’s schedule (see details in application materials).
- You have access to the internet in order to attend regular virtual convenings, and communicate with the Future Rising Staff and other Fellows.
These are examples of the types of stories that would be eligible:
- Stories about girls and women leading local efforts to address impacts of climate change.
- Stories that highlight indigenous knowledge and nature-based solutions.
- Stories about girls and women who are innovating or leading in their communities to secure food and water.
- Stories that highlight issues around environmental justice and access to food and water – in either rural OR urban settings.
- Stories that highlight local climate crisis issues in either rural OR urban settings.
- Stories that surface indirect or hidden connections between food and water scarcity and the lives of girls – particularly harmful gendered norms like child marriage.
- Stories about the ripple effects of food and water insecurity.
- Stories about the specific impacts of local climate change on girls and women.
How To Apply
Each fellow will receive a stipend of $5,000 and can apply for a small additional grant for direct project expenses and materials. Click here to apply
Application Deadline: March 10, 2022