French Institutes for Advanced study (FIAS) 2022| French Institutes for Advanced study (FIAS) 2022 portal are now open for outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists. Requirement and how to apply. Read through.
The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the six Institutes of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes and Paris. It welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
The application is open to all disciplines in the SSH and all research fields. Research projects from other sciences that features a transversal dialogue with SSH are also eligible. It is highly recommended to check the Institutes webpages to learn more about their focus, scientific priorities and partners.
- The Fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS characterized by an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and a close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish.
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the FIAS Fellowship Program but they must have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
How To Apply:
The requested application material (in English exclusively) will consist of:
- The completed online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- A copy of the diploma
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page)
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner -only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and for the Paris IAS.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: June 2, 2022