ESD Okayama Award 2022| The portal for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award 2022 are open for entry, The aims of the award are to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities and promote ESD to local communities globally through showcasing their initiatives. How to apply, Read through.
The award conducted by Okayama City and the ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee will reward outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the world.
- The Global Prize of US $3,000 will be given to up to two projects. The prize should be used to expand the project.
- Award winners will be invited to the Award Ceremony on October 27, 2018 (Saturday) in Okayama, Japan, and will be requested to give a presentation on the project. The detailed information will be sent to award winners.
- One representative of the winning project(s) will be invited to the Award Ceremony in Okayama, Japan and requested to give a presentation on the project. The scheduled date is 19 November 2022 (Saturday). It is not decided to be in-person or online due to the uncertain circumstances.
- Climate Leadership Fellowship For Nigerian (Up to N50,000) 2022 /How to apply
- Step Up: the Young Health Global Grants Programme 2022 (Get up to US$10,000) How to Apply
- FATE Foundation & Meta Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme: Digital (AEP Digital) 2022/How to apply
- Organizations based in any country and region implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Award.
- Only one application per organization can be accepted.
- Projects eligible for this award are ongoing and have been running for at least two years as of April 2022.
- Projects in the planning stages are not eligible.
- The organizations that have won the ESD Okayama Award in the past cannot apply with the award-winning projects, but can apply with other projects.
The Global Prize will be given to outstanding projects that can serve as global models contributing to the promotion ESD in local communities. Submitted projects will be reviewed by ESD experts based on the following criteria.
- Vision: The project outlines local issues to realize a sustainable society, and objectives are clearly stated.
- Collaboration: The project has a clear implementation structure with various collaborating stakeholders (individuals and organizations).
- Integration: The project integrates environmental, social, and economic dimensions.
- Innovation: The project demonstrates innovative approaches and methods to promote ESD.
- Status of Implementation: The project has a track record of activities and documentations including feedback and evaluation of audiences and stakeholders.
- Empowerment: The project takes educational approaches such as interactive methods for problem solving and promoting actions to shape a sustainable future. The project also leads to behavior change of individuals, including the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of local communities.
- Future Strategy: The project is expected to be expanded in the future and bring positive influences to other communities as well.
How to Apply:
- Complete the ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application Form
- Prepare a video or slideshow of the project and upload it on YouTube or Facebook.
- You can attach relevant Supporting Documents to the Application Form.
- Supporting documents cannot be more than 5 pages (A4 Paper) in total.
- Documents exceeding 5 pages will not be accepted or considered.
Send application documents by e-mail to the Secretariat via firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application” in the subject line of your e-mail. Note that the data must be less than 8MB. They cannot receive data exceeding 8MB.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022