The CyberGirls Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Young Girls and Women Around the World portal is open, The programme is to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls and women living in underserved communities in Africa, by providing cybersecurity training, mentorship and internship/job shadowing opportunities that can potentially lift them out of poverty. Apply Here
CyberGirls is a 1-year fellowship that equips girls with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
- World Food Program Innovation Challenge 2022 (Up To $100,000) How To Apply
- Plutus (TM) Foundation Grant 2022 Get Up To $2,000/How To Apply
- European Commission: Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2022 (Up To €10,000)/How To Apply
- The List Of National And International Grant/Apply Here
Who can be part of this fellowship?
- Girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old
- Interested in starting a career in cybersecurity
- Willing to commit 7 months to the fellowship
- Undergraduates and graduates
- Residents in Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, South Africa, Kenya Rwanda and Zambia.
- No Cost, The CyberGirls Fellowship Program is absolutely free for all participants around the world
- During the one-year fellowship, the CyberGirls beneficiaries will be exposed to computing and cybersecurity fundamentals, career paths in cybersecurity and upon choosing a desired career path, will be taken through an appropriate learning path to get hands-on skills, mentorship, become certification-ready, get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities and if old enough secure entry-level job placement.
The Learning Paths:
The learning journey has been designed to begin with digital literacy and systematic progress from basic cybersecurity concepts to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning. Midway through the fellowship, beneficiaries will choose and focus on one of the following tracks/career paths.
- Threat Intelligence: Learn to use data generated by networks, applications, and other IT infrastructure to assess and improve organizations security posture.
- Cloud Security: Learn and apply basic network security techniques in the cloud environment, assess levels of risk and recent vulnerabilities that apply to cloud services.
- Penetration/Vulnerability Testing: Learn the basics of penetration/vulnerability testing. Using software and command line tools for scanning, reckoning and exploitation.
- Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1): Covers various incident analysis tools and techniques that support vulnerability analysis , intrusion detection, attack protection, and network/resources repair
- IT Security Audit: This covers the fundamental knowledge of Security auditing. What IT Security Audit is, It’s importance and how it can be conducted
How To Apply:
For participants in Nigeria and Ghana, both virtual and physical learning options are available. For beneficiaries in other listed countries, only virtual learning is available. The training holds on weekdays (Mondays to Fridays) from 10:00 to 14:00 (WAT) with the exception of National Holidays in Nigeria.
For more details: Contact CyberGirls Fellowship
Application Deadline: February 27, 2022.