Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Masters Program 2022 portal is now on, Commonwealth Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are offered to citizens from low and middle income Commonwealth countries. The majority of Scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). Read Through.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
These Scholarships is for part-time students who which to access training on high-quality postgraduate degree in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
- The Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 (Scientists In The UK)
- UNU PhD Scholarship 2022 (Study Sustainability Science In Tokyo)
- Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship 2022
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2022
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship 2022
- LogicMonitor Women In STEM Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities as follow:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required. Other scholarships, awards, or bursaries that cover the same costs may not be held concurrently.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country;
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases;
- Be unable to afford to study the program without this scholarship.
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 9 May 2022. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2022.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
How To Apply:
You must also apply and secure admission to your university course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Applications must include the following supporting documentation by 17:00 (GMT) on 5 April 2022 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start the chosen course of study in the 2022-2023 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Interested Candidate must apply to study an eligible master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. Click here for a list of participating universities and eligible courses.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2022