Bettina Fund Mentorship Programme Application Form, In memory of Thomson Foundation’s former Director of Development, Bettina Peters, who died in 2020, the Bettina Fund seeks to address the gender gap in media organisations by fostering the next generation of women leaders.
The foundation has teamed up with Baraza Media Lab, an initiative working to promote a strong and diverse media ecosystem in Kenya from its collaborative space in Nairobi.
You May Like Also:
- Sustainable Business Management Training Programme 2021 (Egypt, Lebanon And Tunisia)
- YouthxPolicyMakers Program 2021
- Kader Asmal Fellowship 2022/2023 Fully-Funded Scholarship
- Techstyle For Social Good International Online Competition 2021 (Winner Get UP To HKD520,000)
- Itallian Scholarship Grant For Nigerians Students 2021/2022
- Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship 2021 Up To ($5,000 Prize Ward)
This is a highly personalised program with each participant having an individual mentor so places are limited. It will start in September 2021 and run for three months. Because of the continuing uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program will take place virtually, through a learning journey made up of one to one online mentoring, webinars and e-learning courses.
- Open to women living in Kenya;
- With at least 2 to 3 years’ experience working in the media;
- Working for one or more media focused organisation. These need not necessarily be in the traditional or legacy media. They welcome applications from women working in small or start-up organisations in the digital media sector and media entrepreneurs;
- You must have a good understanding of the English language as online courses and webinars/meetings will be conducted in English.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- Selected applicants are responsible for ensuring they are available to attend online workshops, webinars and mentoring meetings and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Participants will be required to take part in promotional activity related to the program and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The participants will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the participants images, names and voices for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still imagery and video, online, including the website hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in newsletters, marketing and promotional material.
- Applicants shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
How to apply:
Please fill in the fields below.
Note that the email address provided will be used to contact you for follow ups on the application and selection to join the programme. Click to Apply
The closing date for applications is August 1, 2021 (midnight BST – London). Late applications will not be considered.