Banach Scholarship Programme 2022| The Banach Scholarship Programme 2022 is to promote socio-economic progress of developing countries by raising the level of knowledge and education of their citizens in the form of scholarships for second-degree studies in Polish or in English at Polish universities supervised by the Minister of Education and Science in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences, and life sciences.
The Banach Scholarship Programme and the Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, had merged into one scholarship programme for young people from developing countries who wish to take up studies in Poland. In 2021, the existing scholarship programmes that are a joint initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Agency for Academic Exchange NAWA in the form of Polish development aid.
The Program offers:
- monthly scholarship of the NAWA Director during the statutory period of education.
- exemption from tuition fees at public universities.
- Applicants are citizens of one of the following countries: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Montenegro, Ethiopia, Philippines, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Colombia , Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, South Africa, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam;
- Do not have Polish citizenship and have not applied for Polish citizenship;
- Are planning to start second-cycle studies or a preparatory course in the academic year 2022/23;
- At the time of submitting the application to the Program are students of the last year of first-cycle studies in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences, or have a first-cycle studies diploma in the above-mentioned fields obtained in a country covered by the Program not earlier than in 2020. For candidates from Europe, Central Asia and the South Caucasus, first-cycle studies diplomas obtained in the field of social sciences and humanities shall also be allowed;
- Have not obtained a diploma of completion of second-cycle studies or long-cycle master’s studies; If there is no system of two-cycle studies commonly applied in the candidate’s country of origin, candidates with a diploma of master’s studies or equivalent shall be admitted;
- Have a documented knowledge of the
- Polish language:
- minimum at the A2 level in case if applicant is planning firstly start the one-year preparatory course and after course continuing education at the second-cycle degree studies in Polish language;
- minimum at the B1 in case if applicant is planning to start the second-cycle studies in Polish language without one-year preparatory course; or
- English language minimum at the B2 level in case if applicant is planning to start studies in English language.
- Polish language:
How To Apply
Below is a list of required attachments:
- Scan of a valid passport with the Applicant’s personal data, confirming the Applicant’s citizenship.
- Scan of the first-cycle studies diploma in the field eligible for the countries covered by the Program, i.e. in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences or natural sciences; in the case of candidates from Europe, Central Asia and the South Caucasus – also in the field of social sciences or humanities, including information on the arithmetic average of grades throughout the course of the studies and information on grades obtained for completed courses (or a supplement to the diploma).
- Scan of a document confirming the knowledge of Polish/English language.
- Recommendation letter issued by the applicant’s place of study (foreign HEI) or planned place of study (Polish HEI), or drafted by a Polish diplomatic mission in accordance with the accreditation area of the institution or by a non-governmental organization.
The call for proposals shall be conducted till March 31, 2022 at 3:00:00 pm of the local time (Warsaw)
For more information, see FAQ and visit Banach Scholarship.