AWIEF Digital Skills Training Program for Young Women in South Africa 2022| The digital skills development and training program includes a one-week Bootcamp and 12-week full-time Virtual Learning, Monday through to Friday, It will lead to two AWS Certifications (Foundation and Associate levels). Read through.
Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) has partnered with GIZ and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to launch a Digital Skills Training program for 60 young women in South Africa.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, professionals with cloud skills are in high demand. This new AWIEF program, based on AWS re/Start, will enhance the skills levels and employability of unemployed and under-employed female youth in South Africa. Raising digital literacy and skills will increase their level of employability and work readiness.
- CARN: Aspire Grant Program Application Form 2022 ( Up To $5,000 ) How To Apply
- Sudkulturfonds Global South And East Grant 2022(Up To CHF 1,000) How To Apply
- CREACT4MED’s Entrepreneurship Training Academy 2022
- ACRP Reporting Grants 2022 /How To Apply
- Noble Mission Active Citizen Award 2022
The program will build capacity and empower young women to embrace the future of technology, enhance entrepreneurial competences and access female role models and mentors.
- Successful 60 young women in South Africa will from AWIEF Digital Skills Training Program.
- The program will enhance the skills levels and employability of unemployed and under-employed female youth in South Africa
- Raising digital literacy and skills will increase their level of employability and work readiness.
- The program will build capacity and empower young women to embrace the future of technology, enhance entrepreneurial competences and access female role models and mentors.
- It will lead to two AWS Certifications (Foundation and Associate levels).
- AWS Certified helps you showcase in-demand job skills, builds your credibility and confidence.
- A Pathway to Career involves mentorship and working with entrepreneurial business for up to 3 months post-graduation.
Applications are invited from young women who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Unemployed/underemployed females aged 21 to 40 years
- Educational qualifications: Degree, NQF Level 7, Diploma, NQF level 5
- Computer literacy/Basic IT skills
- Access to laptop/personal computer
- Access to stable internet/WiFi
- Good command of verbal and written English
- South African citizens/Permanent residents/Foreign nationals legally resident in South Africa)
- Willingness to take English aptitude test and IT assessment
- Commitment to 13 weeks of full-time learning plus taking assessments to gain certification
How To Apply
To submit application for Digital Skills Training for Unemployed and Underemployed Young Females in South Africa, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/AWIEFdigitalskillsprogramapplication
Applications will only be accepted through the link above
- Applications open Thursday, 7 April 2022
- Applications close Monday, 25 April 2022 at 23:59 South Africa Standard Time (SAST)
- Programme starts: Monday, 9 May 2022