ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship Programme 2022| The ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme is designed to provide young, talented and deserving ASEAN nationals with full scholarships to pursue their undergraduate programme at a prestigious university outside their own countries, but within the ASEAN region, and in the process promote intra-ASEAN integration. Read Through.
The mandate is to create positive, long-term impact in communities in the markets where Maybank operates. It strives to identify programmes that will have the most tangible and sustainable results.
The first intake of scholars under the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme will be in 2022, and through ASEAN Foundation and in cooperation with the ASEAN University Network, the focus will initially be on placing selected scholars in top public universities in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines and gradually expanding it to the remaining ASEAN countries.
Read more: Scholarships
The ASEAN University Network membership currently stands at 30 member universities in the 10 ASEAN Member States with its Secretariat based at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.
The regional scholarship programme will help contribute to the aspirations of the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Goal 4, 10, and 17) to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and simultaneously be in support of Maybank Group’s goal to “improve the lives of 1 million households across ASEAN by 2025” as one of its sustainability commitments.
The scholarship includes:
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
- Subsidised medical benefit (out-patient) and accident insurance coverage and other incidental expenses.
Recipients of the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship will have the chance to experience thrilling internship opportunities. Scholars can have internship and holiday break assignment programs at the ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN Foundation, or Maybank offices regionally, as well as participate as volunteers in Maybank Foundation’s existing flagship programs regionally.
- Be a citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states;
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities;
- Graduated with a pre-university study with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent;
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the program;
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network membership.
- Actuarial Science
- Business Management
- Data Science, Economics
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Political Science
- Risk Management
- Social Work
- Future Ready Related Course (For Example: Computer Programming, Web Development, Software Development, Mobile Application Development, UI / UX Design, Data Science, etc.)
How To Apply:
Potential scholars will undergo a rigorous selection process. Maybank Foundation & ASEAN Foundation will jointly screen shortlisted candidates and make the final selection for approval.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2022