African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Applications for Master of Science in Mathematical Sciences for Teachers (MMST) program 2022/2023| The AIMS teaching and learning model carefully set up by eminent abled faculty across the globe is uniquely designed to emphasize creativity, innovation, and flexibility.
The program provides both a broad overview and in-depth study of cutting-edge topics in mathematical sciences with strong computing and research skills. This offers students exposure to a range of topics, allowing them to make informed choices as to their future specialization.
- The full scholarship provided covers tuition, books, accommodation and meals at AIMS for the residential period, as well as a monthly stipend.
The AIMS MMST is a professional program designed to provide current teachers of mathematics an opportunity to expand the knowledge of its participants in mathematical foundations relating to core secondary school curricula, and applications of modern mathematics. Coupled with significant mathematical concepts, the program is enriched with relevant pedagogy courses to challenge its students to investigate new, innovative and research-informed methods of knowledge transfer.
Click HERE for more Scholarship
The two-year MMST program consists of three phases; the skills phase, the review phase, and the research phase. The AIMS MMST program is equivalent to a 4-semester hybrid course including project-based research. Typical courses offered in the phases include the following.
Skills Courses include:
- Mathematical Problem Solving
- Physical Problem Solving
- History of Mathematics and Mathematical Discoveries
- Technology in Mathematics
- Introduction to Probability Theory
- Communicating Mathematics
- Introduction to Python and SciPy
- Algebra for Teachers
- Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
Review Courses include:
- Geometry for Teachers
- Real Analysis
- Discrete mathematics
- Statistics for Teachers
- Mathematical Epidemiology
- Number Theory for Teachers
- Numerical Methods and Scientific Computing with Python
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Modeling of Computational Mathematics
- Introduction to Classical Mechanics
- Data Visualization
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with sufficient mathematical background
- Must come from any African country
- Must currently be teaching in any African country
How To Apply:
A complete application should include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Post-secondary transcripts and certificates
- Details of two referees (one from the school you are currently teaching) to be submitted directly via the application portal.
- Valid passport / (ID for Ghanaians)
All inquiries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should have your full name and the name of the program. Example: John Owusu_ AIMSMMST
Kindly click HERE to apply!
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline: 18:00 GMT, 30th April 2022