About Nigeria Police Force (NPF)/ Check Here
In this article what you need to know and understand about Nigeria Police Force since its creation in 1930. the requirement for recruitment, nature of service, Salary Level, Police Distress call Numbers, Promotion exam and general duties. read more
Are You a Police Officer? Or you want to know more about Nigeria Police Force, If Yes, Focus attention and read through.
The Police Force (NPF) has gradually expanded its functions, capacity and manpower.
Currently, the NPF has a staff strength of about 350,000 police officers within and outside Nigeria. The NPF is charged with the statutory function of prevention and detection of crime, protection of life and property, apprehension of offenders, the preservation of law and order, due enforcement of all laws and regulations and the performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of any act. In performing some of these statutory duties, the officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force face various high-risk situations.
- Police Recruitment Click Here
- How to Obtain Police Tinted Permit Click Here
- Past and Present Inspector General of Police (IGP) Click Here
- Nigeria Police Address By State Click Here
- Police State Emergency Number by State Command Click Here
- Police Academy in Nigeria Click Here
REFORM AND REPOSITION OF NPF
The current Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, since assumption of office has been working tirelessly to reform and reposition the Nigeria Police Force to enhance core values.
VISION STATEMENT OF NPF
To make Nigeria safer and more secure for economic development and growth, to create a safe and secure environment for everyone living in Nigeria.
MISSION STATEMENT OF NPF
- To partner with other relevant security agencies and the public in gathering, collecting and sharing information and intelligence with the intention of securing the safety and security of the country
- To participate in the efforts aimed at addressing the root causes of crime while ensuring that any criminal act its investigated so as to bring the criminals to justice in a fair and professional manner.
- To engender an efficient, effective, well-trained and highly motivated workforce with deliberate efforts aimed at improving the capacity and welfare of all officers and men of the force.
- To build peoples friendly police force that will respect and uphold the fundamental right of all citizens.
- To build a gender-sensitive and gender-friendly police force that will give equal opportunity to female police officers, while at the same time respecting their peculiarities.
Working together with people irrespective of religions, political, social or economic affiliations to:
- Deliver quality police service that is accessible to the generality of the people.
- Build a lasting trust in the police by members of the public.
- Protect and uphold the rights of persons, to be impartial and respectful in the performance of police duties.
- Continuously evaluate and improve police services.
- Provide equal opportunities for career development for all members of the force.
- Corporate with all relevant government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Ministry pf Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission to formulate and implement policies for the effective police of Nigeria.
RESPONSIBILITY OF A POLICE OFFICER
A police officer acts as an official representative of government who is required and trusted to work within the law. The officer’s power and duties are conferred by statute. The fundamental duties of a police officer include;
- Serving the community
- Safeguarding live and property
- protecting the innocent
- keeping the peace.